Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower are the ultimate cool-weather crop here in Colorado. They contain a substantial amount of fiber and b vitamins plus phytonutrients and antioxidants galore. If you visit your local farmers market this weekend be sure to pick some up and try this simple but delicious recipe:
1 Whole Cauliflower
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4-6 Cloves Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
A pinch of Sea Salt
1 sprig of flat leaf Parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the Cauliflower head in length wise portions (about 1/2inch thick) and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the garlic cloves alongside.
- Drizzle the top of the Cauliflower and Garlic with olive oil, smoked paprika, cayenne and cumin.
- Place in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until browned around the edges and soft at the center.
- Remove from the oven. Place the garlic cloves in a separate bowl on the side to cool.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto the cauliflower. Add a pinch of Sea Salt and the chopped Parsley.
- When the Garlic has cooled enough to handle safely, remove the skin and mash the soft flesh with a fork. Spread this goodness on top of the Cauliflower as well.
#_anweshaco_ #theAnweshaco #Cauliflower #FallVegetables #FallGardening #FallCrop #CoolWeatherVeggie #Fiber #BVitamins #Phytonutrients #Antioxidants #FarmersMarket #GrowYourOwn #YouAreWhatYouEat #HealthisWealth