The peak of apple harvest begins this week here in Colorado. Our arid environment and cool fall weather make for an incredibly sweet, crisp treat. Odds are you live within miles of a farmers market offering a variety of these delicious fruits, including Cox Orange, Gala, Granny Smith, Haralson and McIntosh just to name a few. Apples contain large amounts of fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants, which benefit gut and immune health. They can be a simple yet versatile snack or a tasty addition to a main meal. Your going to love this quick and delicious baked apple recipe for desert or for… any time!
2 large apples
1 cup granola
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil
*baking sheet and parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rinse and dry the apples
- Using a knife, cut the top third of the apple off and set aside
- Using a spoon or paring knife, remove the center part of the apple, ensuring all seeds have been disposed of.
- Place 1/2 cup of granola in the center of each apple. Sprinkle cinnamon on top followed by 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in each.
- Cover each apple with the top of the apple you removed at the beginning.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a desired softness has been reached.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Apples will be extremely hot inside.
#theAnweshaCo #_anweshaco_ #Colorado #Coloradoapples #Coloradofarmers #Coloradofarmersmarkets #apples #bakedapples #shoplocally #supportlocalfarmers #fallharvest #fruitharvest #eatinseason