3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
2+ 1/3 cups buckwheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 cup water
1+ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sprouted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt thoroughly in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, water, vanilla, raisins and walnuts.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry mixture just until blended.
- Transfer the batter to the lined loaf tin. Bake for 25 minutes and then turn the tin around and bake for another 15 minutes or until the bread is slightly firm to the touch. Allow to cool before slicing.
Delicious with a spread of butter and honey. Try buckwheat honey for a full flavor experience. Enjoy!